Monday 31 August 2015

Why all the Noise about President Buhari's appointments?



There must be something I am not getting, I mean the South-South Region of Nigeria almost since Independence clamored  for an Indigenous President because we felt we were under developed as against what we deserve owing to our contibutions to national wealth form oil, in the last five years we have been enjoying answers to that prayer and I am yet to get the eye googles to help me see the expected developments.

I said it all along; to get what you are due you don't need the leader to be from your town, all you need is a good leader. So I wonder why everyday since the last political appointments were made we hear different groups still complaining about not getting their kinsmen in positions.

Apart from indicating expectations of a partial play, it also underlines the fact that we are not one, it shows clearly that we are different groups forced to live together because if we consider ourselves to be one, when a Calabar man is made SGF the Fulani man should see him as a Nigerian being appointed to serve Nigeria.

I look forward to a day when we will be comfortable to elect two brothers as President and Vice President because of their credibility and antecedence not considering their geo-political origin.

Even Sadder is the fact that the people who cry more for their kinsmen to be appointed into positions are the people who don't get to benefit anything from them.

I don't believe we don't think, but I think our focus should be how credible or qualified the people appointed into positions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment